Pizza is one of those foods that can be enjoyed at any time. You can serve it as a quick dinner, late-night snack, or game-day party food. Do you know what to do when there is leftover pizza? There’s a perfectly delicious way to reheat pizza, whether you like it thick or thin, with pepperoni or pineapple.
The following article will provide you with the 5 best ways how to reheat pizza, with detailed instructions.
How To Reheat Pizza In Oven
You can reheat pizza in the oven by following these steps:
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350°F (175°C).
- Pizza should be reheated on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven briefly before adding the pizza to the baking sheet for a crispy crust.
- It should be baked for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- You can bake the crust for 15-20 minutes if you prefer a softer crust.
How To Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
Here are the steps on reheat pizza in an air fryer, if you are interested:
- Turn your air fryer on and pre-heat it to 350°F (175°C).
- Ensure the pizza slices don’t overlap as they are placed in the air fryer basket.
- For a crispy crust and melted cheese, cook for three to four minutes.
- For a softer crust, cook for 4-5 minutes.
How To Reheat Pizza On Stove
On the stovetop, you can reheat pizza by following these steps:
- Make a medium-hot skillet by heating a large pan.
- Pizza slices should be added to a skillet and heated for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Reheat the pizza with a few drops of water if it is dehydrated. Keeping the crust moist will help create steam.
- Before reheating an oily pizza, blot it with a paper towel. In this way, you can prevent the pizza from getting soggy.
How To Reheat Pizza In a Microwave
Using a microwave to reheat pizza is as simple as following these steps:
- Make sure your plate is microwave-safe before placing the pizza slice on it.
- A cup of water should be placed next to the pizza slice. Pizza will not become soggy if water is added.
- Using a microwave, heat the pizza slice on high for 30 seconds.
- Add 15 seconds to the microwave if the pizza is not heated through.
How To Reheat Pizza In A Gas Grill
As a guide, here are the steps that should be followed when reheating pizza on a gas grill:
- Your gas grill should be preheated to medium heat before you begin cooking.
- The pizza slice needs to be placed on a baking sheet to bake.
- You can get a crispy crust by grilling the baking sheet for several minutes before adding the pizza.
- Grill the pizza slice on the baking sheet.
- Heat through and melt the cheese for 2-3 minutes per side.
- A softer crust can be cooked on each side for three to four minutes.
Best Way To Reheat Pizza
Depending on your type and preferences, there are different ways to reheat pizza. The following methods are popular, however:
- Oven: The best way to reheat pizza is to use a pizza oven. Using a baking sheet, place the pizza slice on a 350-degree F (175-degree C) baking sheet. After 10-15 minutes of baking, the cheese should be melted.
- Stovetop: Using this method, you can reheat pizza quickly and easily. Add the pizza slice to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Depending on how crispy the crust is, cook it for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Microwave: Pizza can be reheated quickly this way, but it can also make the crust soggy. Place a cup of water near the pizza slice in the microwave so this does not happen—microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the pizza slice is heated.
- Air fryer: It is a newer method of reheating pizza that is gaining popularity. The air fryer keeps the crust crispy by circulating hot air around the pizza. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and place the pizza slice in the basket. The cheese should be melted after 3-4 minutes of cooking.
- Toaster oven: You can use this method to reheat only a few slices of pizza. Place the pizza slice on a baking sheet and preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). The crust should be crispy and heated within 5-7 minutes of baking.
Make sure you heat the pizza thoroughly, regardless of your chosen method. When the pizza is overheated, the crust can become soggy, and the cheese can become rubbery.
Overall, there are a variety of approaches to reheating pizza, each with its advantages and disadvantages. Each method is selected based on several factors, including the desired outcome, available equipment, and individual preferences. Consider the balance between convenience and quality when choosing the best method. Reheating and monitoring the process can significantly impact optimizing the results. Pizza can be reheated in many ways, preserving the flavors and textures that make it so enjoyable in the first place, regardless of the method you use.
Is it possible to reheat pizza in a toaster oven?
Absolutely. Preheat the toaster oven to around 350°F (175°C). Place the pizza directly on the oven rack or a baking sheet. Reheat for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust regains its crispiness.
What's the advantage of using an air fryer to reheat pizza?
Your pizza slices can be made crispy again with an air fryer. Make sure the air fryer is preheated to 350°F (175°C). After placing it in the air fryer basket, heat the pizza until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is crispy.
Can I reheat pizza in the microwave?
Yes, you can. You can use a microwave-safe plate, microwave-safe cover, or paper towel to cover the pizza slice. Once the pizza has reached your desired temperature, heat it for 20-30 seconds.
What are the best ways to reheat pizza?
Several methods are available for reheating pizza, including oven, microwave, skillet, toaster oven, and even air fryer.
Is it safe to reheat pizza more than once?
Pizza usually retains its taste and texture after being reheated once, but repeated reheating can affect its surface. If you want to avoid wasting food, only reheat what you intend to eat.