Taco Bell Fries became one of the most popular items on the menu. Taco Bell Fries are popular because of their bold flavor and crunchy texture. The fries are served with a warm cheese sauce with Mexican spices.
This article will explore how many calories are in Taco Bell fries, nutritional facts, and some tips that help you make fries.
What is Taco Bell Fries
Taco Bell Fries are a popular and distinctive menu item offered by the fast-food chain Taco Bell. Potato fries with crispy exteriors and seasoned interiors have become a favorite because of their unique flavors and textures. Taco Bell Fries are distinguished by their zesty seasoning blend, which perfectly balances savory and spicy flavors.
The dipping sauce, often warm and creamy, adds a layer of indulgence. Taco Bell Fries are a tasty alternative to traditional fries, bringing a pleasant twist to the fast-food landscape. Fast-food enthusiasts seeking delicious and memorable dining experiences have made these fries a beloved side dish or ingredient in some of Taco Bell’s innovative menu items.
How Many Calories Are In Taco Bell Fries?
You might wonder how many calories Taco Bell fries have if you’re a fan. If you order fries, it depends on their size and type.
The following is a summary of the calorie count for Taco Bell fries:
- Taco Bell Nacho Fries (regular): 320 calories
- Taco Bell Nacho Fries (large): 470 calories
- Taco Bell Seasoned Fries (regular): 230 calories
- Taco Bell Seasoned Fries (large): 340 calories
- Nacho Fries Box: 1,170 calories
Is Taco Bell French Fries Gluten-Free?
Taco Bell does not offer gluten-free Nacho fries. It is typical for the seasoning on fries to contain gluten because wheat flour is used in the seasoning. Those who are gluten-sensitive or celiac cannot eat Nacho Fries because of the wheat they contain.
No gluten-free food is available at Taco Bell, and it is not recommended for people with celiac disease. Gluten-sensitive customers should exercise judgment when ordering. You can modify some items if you are looking for gluten-free options on Taco Bell’s menu. A gluten-free Power Menu Bowl, a Chicken Soft Taco, and a Black Bean Burrito are on the menu.
How To Reduce Taco Bell Fries Calories:
After knowing how many calories are in Taco Bell fries, here are five specific ways in which you can reduce the calories in your Taco Bell fries:
Choose a Smaller Size: Reduce your portion size. Taco Bell is one fast food restaurant that offers different-sized fries. By choosing a smaller size, you automatically reduce your calorie intake.
Ask for No Cheese or Sauce: Adding cheese and sauce to your fries will increase their calorie count significantly. You can control the calories you consume by asking for them to be omitted or served on the side.
Request Light or No Sour Cream: If your fries come with sour cream, request a reduced or omitted amount. You can save calories without sacrificing flavor by doing this.
Opt for Grilled Instead of Fried: Consider grilling the fries instead of frying them at Taco Bell. Typically, grilling uses less oil, so there are fewer calories.
Choose a Side Salad Instead: Replace traditional fries with a side salad. While providing a satisfying side dish, this is a healthier, lower-calorie alternative.
How To Make Homemade Taco Bell Fries
Here is a recipe that will guide you on how to make Taco Bell Fries at home with the following instructions:
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut into fries. Place in a pot of cold water and allow to soak for a minimum of 30 minutes. Drain water and refill with water; wait another 30 minutes.
- Make the cheese sauce by combining the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to medium-high heat. Melt together and set aside.
- Mix taco fries seasoning and set aside to season cooked fires.
- Pull out the fries from the water and dry them.
- Whisk together the dredge.
- Deep fry for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown at 275F. Remove from the fryer onto a paper towel-lined sheet pan. Separate fries on a second sheet pan and allow to cool completely.
- Increase oil temperature to 360 degrees.
- With a sifter, lightly coat one side of the cooled fries with the fry dredge. Then, place into a bowl, coat with the dredge with the sifter, and toss the fries in the bowl while sifting more of the coating onto the fries. You want a nice, even coat that completely covers the fries.
- Fry again for approximately 5 more minutes 360F until golden brown and crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined sheet pan.
- Place fries in bowl and coat with seasoning; toss and coat some more with the seasoning.
- Serve with a side of warm nacho cheese sauce.
Taco Bell fries can be a delicious and satisfying snack or meal, but it’s essential to be aware of how many calories are in Taco Bell fries. There are several ways to reduce the calorie count of your Taco Bell fries, such as ordering them without the cheese sauce, asking for them to be grilled instead of fried, sharing them with a friend or family member, or ordering a smaller serving.