Many worldwide enjoy scrambled eggs for breakfast as a versatile and popular option. They provide a delicious and nutritious start to the day, served plain or with different accompaniments. If you’re concerned about your calorie intake, you must know how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs; understanding the nutritional value of this classic breakfast dish is essential.
This article will explore the caloric content of two scrambled eggs and highlight their nutritional benefits.
Health Benefits of Scrambled Eggs:
There are some benefits of scrambled eggs. Before knowing how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs, look at the health benefits.
- Weight Management: The high protein content in eggs can help promote a feeling of fullness and satiety, which may aid in weight management by reducing overall calorie consumption.
- Muscle Health: Scrambled eggs provide athletes and those engaged in regular physical activity with a valuable source of protein to maintain and build lean muscle mass.
- Brain Function: Eating eggs supports brain health and cognitive function, improving memory and concentration.
- Eye Health: Eggs contain antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which may protect against age-related macular degeneration and promote eye health.
How Many Calories Are In 2 Scrambled Eggs:
Scrambled eggs typically contain 140 to 180 calories, depending on the size of the eggs and how they are cooked. Eggs primarily contain protein and fat, with negligible carbohydrates contributing to the calorie content.
- An egg is a rich source of high-quality protein, containing all the essential amino acids for good health. There are approximately 12 to 15 grams of protein in two scrambled eggs. It is necessary for muscle repair, growth, and maintaining good skin, hair, and nails.
- Fat: A scrambled egg is a good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats source. They are essential for brain health, hormone production, and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). You can expect approximately 9 to 12 grams of fat in two scrambled eggs.
- Cholesterol: Eggs have been debated regarding their cholesterol content. Although they contain cholesterol, research suggests that dietary cholesterol has less effect on blood cholesterol levels than previously thought. Most healthy individuals are not concerned about eating eggs in moderation.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Eggs contain various vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin B12, essential for maintaining nerve function and producing red blood cells. They also contain iron, selenium, phosphorus, and vitamins A, D, and E.
Factors Of Calories Values
Several factors can increase calorie intake, which may lead to weight gain. You must be aware of these factors, how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs to make informed choices about your diet and lifestyle. The following factors can increase calorie consumption:
- Larger Portion Sizes: It is important to note that more significant portions, whether at home or dining out, can significantly increase calorie intake. No matter how hungry you are, people tend to eat more when they are presented with more significant portions.
- High-Fat and High-Sugar Foods: Foods that contain fat and sugar are often calorie-dense and will lead to overeating. In addition to being palatable, these foods can trigger pleasure centers in the brain, making them easy to overeat.
- Frequent Snacking: The consumption of snacks between meals can lead to an increase in calories throughout the day. The consumption of calories can be increased by mindless snacking, especially when it comes to unhealthy options.
- Sugary Beverages: Among sodas, energy drinks, sweetened coffee, and fruit juices, sodas are high in calories and low in nutrition. Consuming a significant amount of calories is possible by regularly drinking these beverages.
- Cooking Methods: Cooking methods like frying, baking, and steaming can result in higher calorie content in food than healthier methods like grilling.
How To Make Scrambled Eggs?
Sure, here is a recipe for scrambled eggs:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the butter or oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook while stirring constantly until the eggs are cooked but still soft, which takes about 2 minutes.minutes.minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Tips For Moderation
Moderation is crucial when it comes to keeping a balanced and healthy diet. Once you know how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs, you can practice moderation in your eating habits by following these tips:
- Portion Control: Portion sizes should be considered. You can avoid overeating by using smaller plates and serving utensils. Eat until you feel satisfied, not overstuffed, and pay attention to your body’s hunger cues.
- Balanced Meals: Make sure your meals contain a variety of food groups. Ensure you consume healthy fats, lean proteins, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables. Maintain a nutritional calorie intake by getting a wide variety of nutrients.
- Mindful Eating: Make sure you savor each bite of what you eat. Eat on the go instead of being distracted by screens, and screens can lead to mindless overeating. Enjoy the flavors and textures of your food by chewing slowly.
- Plan Ahead: You’re less likely to reach for unhealthy options when you’re hungry if you prepare meals and snacks in advance. You can make better food choices when you have healthy options readily available.
- Treats in Moderation: Moderation is vital when enjoying your favorite treats. You can indulge in the occasional dessert or high-calorie treat without feeling guilty but don’t do it regularly.
- Stay Hydrated: We sometimes confuse thirst with hunger in our bodies. Water helps prevent overeating and unnecessary snacking throughout the day.
Scrambled eggs are a tasty and nutritious breakfast that provides essential nutrients and contributes to overall health. Despite having relatively low calories, they offer a rich source of protein, healthy fats, and several vitamins and minerals. Consuming scrambled eggs in moderation is essential, but including them in a balanced diet can be beneficial. Once you know how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs, you can make a healthy option for your diet.
Do you know how many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs?
There are typically 140 to 150 calories in two large scrambled eggs, depending on the egg size and cooking method.
Is scrambled eggs a high-calorie breakfast?
Scrambled eggs are a relatively low-calorie breakfast that balances protein and essential nutrients.
How can I make scrambled eggs without significantly increasing calories?
Adding vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, or bell peppers can enhance scrambled eggs' nutritional value.
Can different cooking methods affect scrambled eggs' calorie content?
Scrabbled eggs have a relatively constant calorie content regardless of whether prepared on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Do scrambled eggs have any health benefits beyond their calorie content?
Scrambled eggs contain a rich source of protein, vitamins, and minerals that promote satiety and support various bodily functions.